Monday, March 26, 2012
Last month, we partnered with American Express to offer its small business Cardmembers and merchants the chance to use Twitter advertising to better engage with the people they want to reach.
Today, American Express will begin to notify eligible Cardmembers and merchants that they can now start advertising on Twitter. Initially, only a small group of businesses will have access to this new advertising opportunity — we will steadily increase the number of participating small businesses over the coming weeks.
In the short video below, you’ll see just how simple we’ve made it for small business owners to grow their businesses using our Promoted Tweets and Promoted Accounts products.
- Get started in minutes: we provide ongoing management of your advertising.
- No previous advertising experience is required. If you can tweet, you can advertise on Twitter.
- Gain new followers: Promoted Accounts helps your small business connect with new people who want to hear from you and can spread the word about your business to others.
- Amplify your Tweets: Promoted Tweets helps your small business get your messages in front of more of the right people. Twitter will take out the guesswork by automatically identifying and promoting your most engaging Tweets.
- Pay per follower for Promoted Accounts and per engagement (click, retweet, reply, and favorite) for Promoted Tweets.
- Target the whole world, specific countries, or limit your reach to specific U.S. metropolitan areas.
If you are an American Express Cardmember or merchant, it’s not too late to register for this unique opportunity on Twitter.
For tips and best practices on using Twitter for your small business, download our Twitter for Small Business guide.
From the start, small businesses of all types have made their homes on Twitter, using the platform to interact with current customers and market to new ones. We are excited to offer small businesses the chance to create even more marketing success as advertisers on Twitter.